Pioneer CDJ 900 NexusPioneer
Product code: AA0325£
The CDJ-900NXS builds on the success of its predecessor, the CDJ-900, plus it’s packed with new technology including a full colour LCD screen, Beat Divide, four-deck Beat Sync and the ability to play sets from a smartphone.
The CDJ-900NXS boasts a high resolution screen, giving DJs a quick and instant view of the Wave Display and Wave Zoom and the ability to view and edit rekordbox beatgrids. The HID interface allows you to use more complex DJ software including Traktor and Serato without a control disk.
Full colour LCD screen with improved browsing and track information
The CDJ-900NXS has a large screen, which displays a host of track information and features inherited from the CDJ-2000NXS.
- Improved browsing: DJs can choose how they view tracks – list, artwork or custom view – and scroll through using the large rotary dial.
- Wave Zoom: in addition to Wave Display, Wave Zoom enables even more precision on loops and cues.
- Beat Countdown: DJs can use rekordbox to mark key points on a track, and the CDJ-900NXS counts down to them from up to 64 bars away.
- Phase Meter: shows the position of the beat in the bar, enabling DJs to compare the phase of each player with the master deck at a glance.
- Key Analysis Indicator: a traffic light system in the browser shows which rekordbox tracks are in a compatible musical key with the master deck for harmonised mixes every time.
Highly evolved features to make every performance unique
The CDJ-900NXS retains all the CDJ-900’s most popular features plus exciting additions from the CDJ-2000NXS, to breathe new life into performance.
- Beat Divide: instantly slices up each beat to a pre-set timing and loops it in a staccato effect until the DJ stops toggling – all while playing the track in real time.
- Slip Mode: silently continues track playback during a loop, reverse or scratch and brings the music back at the right point when the DJ exits the performance.
- Improved Quantize: a dedicated ON/OFF button puts Quantized loops and cues at DJs’ fingertips.
- Beat Sync: looks at the rekordbox beatgrids of music, on up to four connected players, and snaps them to the beat of the master deck.
- Active Loop: DJs can use rekordbox to set an Active Loop at the end of tracks to ensure they’re never caught unprepared again.
Compatible with rekordbox tracks loaded via USB or Wi-Fi connection
The CDJ-900NXS comes with rekordbox music management software in the box, with its indispensible features such as BPM, Harmonic Key and beatgrid analysis, Hot Cues, loops and Quantize. DJs can also download the rekordbox app, for free, to access all the software’s features and store essential playlists on their smartphones and tablets. The player is Wi-Fi compatible, so – in addition to USB – DJs can connect wirelessly from their laptop, PC, smartphones and tablets when the player is hard wired to a wireless router.
My Settings function for immediate access to personal preferences
DJs can access their personal preferences on any CDJ-900NXS thanks to My Settings. The player automatically detects 17 predefined rekordbox settings that are saved with your USB, PC or Smartphone Library – including Quantize, Vinyl Mode and Sync ON/OFF – for a customised DJ booth in seconds.
High-quality audio circuitry for a faithful reproduction of sound
The CDJ-900NXS boasts professional quality audio circuitry and an onboard 24-bit sound card, for a clear, powerful sound even at club volumes. A precision engineered Wolfson DAC reduces jitter, while the player’s signal-to-noise ratio of 115 dB ensures incredibly accurate sound reproduction.
Supports multiple media and formats
In addition to smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs, music files can be played from USB storage devices, audio CDs and CD-R/RW. The CDJ-900NXS supports MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF file formats.
- Control a variety of DJ software via MIDI control
- Pro-DJ Link enables sharing source with up to four players connected by LAN cable