Used in the industry by professionals including the legend Carl Cox, the Native Instruments Kontrol D2 is a portable stem ready controller designed to get the best out of the Traktor Pro 2 software and the remix deck technology.
Modelled on one deck of the Traktor Kontrol S8, the Kontrol D2 allows you to integrate the controller with any DJ set up using Traktor as is its core. Its High definition screens allow you to easily navigate your playlist and give great visuals of your track information.
Easily assign the Kontrol D2 to any Traktor deck within the included Traktor Pro 2 software and you have the choice of using the controller as track deck, remix deck or stem deck. Using the 4 faders and 8 touch sensitive pads the D2 gives endless performance ability. Add in the Loops and effects and your DJ performance can stand out above the rest.
The Native Instrument Traktor Kontrol D2 is aimed at those wanting a modular DJ set up, but still want to explore the creative possibilities that Traktor Pro 2 can provide.
Full Colour Display - The high-res display on the D2 brings your music to life in living color. Browse tracks, effects, and adjust filter values directly on the hardware. Your workflow is never interrupted – visually fine-tune and set beatgrids on a running track as it is appears on the display. The D2 keeps your focus on the music – not on your laptop.
A new way to play - Imagine workflow as effortless as instinct. Touch-sensitive knobs and faders activate TRAKTOR views and functions on an ultra-crisp full-color display, keeping you in the moment – and connected with your crowd. Cue, nudge, or get creative controlling effects and loop sizes – the D2’s LED-guided touch strip lets you get physical.
Live remixing and beyond - Touch-responsive Remix Deck controls unlock the door to creativity – and your signature sound. Intuitively mix in sounds with 4+4 channel Remix Deck faders. Plus, live-capture and trigger your own samples and loops using the 8 color-coded performance pads.
Or explore mixing with Stems* – an open file format coming soon that introduces multi-channel mixing with different musical elements of a track. TRAKTOR KONTROL D2 is Stem-ready – among the first DJ controllers of its kind to offer mixing possibilities with the very DNA of your music.
Built for the road - Pack-up and set-up in no time. TRAKTOR KONTROL D2 was designed for enhanced deck control while on the road. The compact, rugged, and lightweight build makes the D2 ideal for heavy touring – and your busy schedule. Rubber-padded foldable feet raise the D2 to standard mixer height, or at an angle for performance comfort. And additional USB ports on the rear panel plus an included power supply splitter cable let you chain two units together quickly and easily when hustling from gig to gig.
Other features include:
- Full iTunes integration in TRAKTOR PRO 2 allows quick access to your library and playlists
- Over 30 studio-grade effects, 4 individual FX Units, and one-knob Macro FX offer a vast palette designed to add texture your tracks. Or get creative with grouped and customised effects
- Experience efficient connectivity and play with two D2s connected as one. USB ports on the D2's rear panel allow you to chain two TRAKTOR controllers using just one of your computer’s USB ports.
- Track BPM, beatgrids and key are automatically detected on import and used by the powerful instant sync engine for flawless mixes.
- Direct access on the unit to transport controls, cue points and trigger loops, Remix Decks and Stem Decks. Plug and play control of TRAKTOR PRO software; so no mapping or control assignments required.
- Stems-ready deck with 4 touch-sensitive performance faders and knobs which correspond to each stem part, ready for mixing, EQing, or adding effects. The display instantly switches to the Stem View when a Stem file is loaded.